Today’s post is all about The Body Shop’s two products! I’m not an avid-shopper of TBS, but I do enjoy the few products i’ve used from them previously.
So read on if you’d like to hear my experience:
Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask i’ve never tired any of The Body Shop (TBS) masks before (i know, i know, i’m late to the game!) but when I visited a TBS store on President’s day, I walked in to pick up the second product that i’ll review below, and of course there was a sale – buy 2 get 1 free, so i had to get three products.
- After my first use, skin felt SO smooth.
- It is a bit weird to apply, like I don’t have a brush to apply with which would have made it easier, so with your fingers, it’s essentially like dip into jar and apply straight to skin. Since it is honey based – it literally feels like you are applying honey to your skin, but much less sticky.
- It is slightly tough to wash off face because of it’s honey like texture, but enough water does the trick.
- The biggest pro for this on me was it really didn’t dry me out after washing. Normally a lot of face washes or masks dry me out afterwards, but this one was significantly less. Probably because it is vegan and more natural than other products in main-stream market. Only the tip of my nose was dry-ish after wash, but otherwise good.
- And, one more significant factor I felt was the morning after/next day when I woke up after using this. One look at my face in the mirror before brushing my teeth, and my skin felt more….clear? or maybe brighter? or just lighter. Not sure the exact word, but it felt good. Now i’m not sure if this is a true side effect of this product haha, or if it was just me looking for an after effect.
- Overall, this is a harmless product and totally easy to use. Gives a good glow and softness to skin.
- I’ve been on and off using this for a week or two but only at night. In the mornings, i’m still applying my Clinique All About Eyes Rich because that is more of a moisturizer and this is a serum
- The applicator is cooling because it is one of those roller ball types – i’ve never used anything like this before.
- Easy to push out product, but even a little goes a long way. So be careful with how much you use!
- I apply this under my eyes and on my forehead area where i have some fine lines
- Overall, i cannot tell yet if this truly works. It definitely isn’t bad….but i’m not sure if it’s helping me!
- I have to keep using it to truly see if it works.
Bottom line is my eye bags are horrific so it is difficult to see any real progress with them, plus the current stresses of my life are unlike anything i’ve ever experienced, which is not helping at all in my skincare.
Would love to hear your thoughts if you’ve used these products! Or any other ones you’d recommend!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to stay up to date on the blog happenings!
Until next time, XOX