Today’s post is in collaboration with Ramsha Vistro! I was excited to hear from her when she reached out about doing this collab, and we decided to recommend each other 1 beauty item we could both try and write reviews on!
So I bought the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara from CVS last week, and have been trying to wear it everyday so i can write a good review on it!
Now for those who have been following my blog for sometime, know that i’m a regular user of Maybeline Mascaras and have NOT used anything else for years now. But i figured i’d try something new, and i’m happy i did!
This mascara is very low cost, and you can get it at any beauty or drug store near you!
- Low cost & readily available
- Simple packaging–I like the green + black combination
- The mascara brush of it is soft and just the right length for my eyelashes
- Best for separating your eyelashes and making them long
- When wearing, you can’t feel you’re even wearing it! Does not stick or make your eyelashes stick/clump together at all to make you look like a spider! Hate mascaras that do that.
- Easy and best for everyday use
- It is nothing SUPER DUPER SPECTACULAR. It is like any mascara really
- Does it really ‘grow’ your lashes? Can’t say for sure. It sure does give the effect of length though while you wear it though
Here’s what it looked like on my eyes with a few swipes of mascara on my eyes:
This picture is not the best, but I hope you can see the mascara a little bit on my eyes. You can see that it separates each hair (for the most part) and gives the length i’d love to have!
Overall Thoughts: 3.89/5
- It is not bad at all. I’m glad I finally did buy another mascara besides Maybeline, it’s definitely good to change things up once in awhile.
- I have been wearing it to work everyday this week almost, and I can easily incorporate it into my daily routine with no hassle. I usually do not put mascara on on daily basis, but since i wore this everyday for a week so i could do this review, i’ve been using it ever since and now i’m loving this as an everyday mascara!
- It dries quickly and gives a natural effect, so if you touch your eyelashes throughout the day, it never feels like you have anything on your eyes, which I love!
- The low cost does not even make you think twice about spending maybe $7-9 on it.
I do wish it had the actual length effect even after wearing/using it (obviously not possible, ha!)
- Would i recommend it to anyone? SURE! It’s not something harmful at all and if you’re in the market for a new low cost mascara, go for it!!
Have you ever used this mascara? I’d love to hear your thoughts–let me know below!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to stay up to date on the blog!
Until next time, XOXO