So today my sister and I made a unique desert, called Raspberry Cheesecake Monkey Bread! My sister is the guru of baking, and since she is off from school for summer, she’ll be spending a lot of time baking. She found this recipe somewhere on buzzfeed.
This desert is one i’ve never heard of before, so we were intrigued to try it out! Follow along if you’d like to try it out as well:
What you will need:
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
4 TSP Raspberry preserves
1/2 cup sugar
1 TSP Cinnamon
4 tubes of PIllsbury Buttermilk Biscuits
1 tube of cream cheese-not the one in bagels, the plain/original kind
1. Coat a fluted bundt pan with non stick spray, sprinkle sliced almonds over the pan
2. Mix 2 TBSP of melted butter, maple syrup and 2 TBSP of raspberry preserves in a bowl and pour over almonds.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon well.
4. Open the biscuits and flatten to medium thickness on the counter top/clean surface.
5. Combine the cream cheese and remaining 2 TBSP raspberry preserves in a bowl, transfer this mix to a zip loc bag and snip off one side to squeeze teaspoon size balls into the cinnamon-sugar mix. Roll each cream cheese ball in cinnamon then place in center of the flat biscuits.
6. Close the dough around cream cheese filling and dip tops of each biscuit in butter anr oll in cinnamon sugar. Place the balls sugar side facing up in the bundt pan. Keep stacking in layers until all balls are in pan.
7.Sprinkle any remaining butter or cinnamon sugar on the top and bake for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Once ready, take out and serve warm!
Here’s how ours turned out!
Walahhh! So yum!!
Let me know how yours turned out!
Follow me along and comment as well! 🙂